

Here are some pictures from my camping trip with my girlfriends from high school. We go on a camping trip every year in the summer to keep in touch and catch up on everyone's lives.
We went to Deer Creek reservoir up Provo canyon. It was such a beautiful drive up. The view there was pretty, but the water was kind of gross. Basically what we do camping is just go swimming lol so that sucked, plus there wasn't really any good "beach" (I say it in quotations 'cause technically it's not a beach). So we were kind of bummed but the last day there, we found like a hidden spot right next to our campsite that was just perfect and the water was so clear. It was a little rocky but it beat the slimey seaweed area we were going to before, we wished we had found it earlier.
One thing that was pretty awesome was that me, my twin, and one of our friends climbed the peak of this really big hill/small mountain that was right in front of our campsite, across an inlet from the reservoir. It wasn't bad until about half way up and we got stuck in extremely dense foliage, like we seriously couldn't move anywhere except to go back to where we came from so we hiked horizontally for a while to get to a more open spot. All the while we are having irrational fears of bears and snakes and early death lol. But we made it to the top and there was a throne made of large rocks with a bandanna as a flag attached to the back. We of course took pictures. The hike down was a lot worse. We went down the other side of the mountain which was a huge mistake lol. It was steep and dry and at the end we had to cross the inlet after thrashing through some high, thick plants. We thought we'd cross at a narrow part but it was disgusting and I couldn't bring myself to do it. My sister had her camera and my friend had her phone so we were worried about them getting wet. My friend finally crossed at the gross narrow part. She was able to swim across with one arm in the air holding the camera and phone. My sister and I were too grossed out to go that way because 1. there was really gross seaweed and we both are like paranoid of gross seaweed, can't stand to walk in it, and 2. there was a rotting fish in the water at the other side - gross! Lol so we threw our shoes over to her and we swam across at a wider point. We hit a little of a sand bar in the middle and we freaked out when some seaweed got tangled on us *shudder* (it really is grosser to me than having a fish swim by my feet, I don't know why it just is) and then we walked to the road in our bare feet because our shoes were covered in burs, like inside and outside from the hike down. It took me almost an hour to get all the burs out once I got home.












Ok I totally get the seaweed thing. Ewww so gross. I think I have a thing about swimming in fresh water because of it. I totally get it. You are so adventerous! And I love that you still get together. I love getting together with my college "sistas" Hope your well! I'm glad you've had such fun.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lot of fun. I can't stand to swim in lakes very much for the most part they are so gross.
ReplyDelete