Sunday, December 13, 2009

Brandon's Holiday Dinner

While I'm posting pictures, I might as well tell you about this weekend's game night. Brandon got a turkey from his work, so he wanted to have a potluck like dinner party. The only problem was he just randomly decided that it was going to be last night.

He texted his roommate Aaron to put the turkey in the oven to reheat and then told Tashi and I to get some guests and bring some food. It was random and crazy but we pulled it together (mostly because of Aaron's willingness to go to the grocery store 3 times in the course of an hour). I made a butternut squash puree from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Tashi whipped up some instant potatoes and we had corn, green beans, and stuffing. It was all pulled together in about an hour, ha ha, just in time for when Brandon got home.

For dessert, we went to Baskin Robins then went back and played some games. We played "The Game of Things" and laughed a lot then played "Bang!" It was an enjoyable evening.




Brandon making a toast

Eating pictures are a must, this is Tashi


Robbie

Kaylynn, she was starving and wouldn't look up lol


As close of an eating picture for Aaron as we could get

The dinner, see my squash puree? :)

Brandon's cat, PepperJack transformed into a gangster with a hoodie and blue ponytail

2 comments:

  1. so how did your puree turn out? Your bday party looked fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out really well I thought. I made it again for my family on Sunday and my mom loved it :)

    ReplyDelete