Saturday, August 9, 2008

Silk Spectre costume

So, I'm thinking about being the Silk Spectre from Watchmen for Halloween. My friend Kyle was helping me look for stuff, he found some pretty sick stuff online. This is for the movie version of the costume which is a little more covered and hard core-looking. This is the pic from the movie production shots:


























Here's the leotard Kyle found for the yellow piece underneath:


For the wig, I would get something like this minus the highlights:
























The boots would be the most expensive part there are some thigh highs that would work at this website he found: 
But they are all so expensive and I know I wouldn't really wear them enough to make it worth it... I can't think of a good way to make my own so I am debating whether or not to just to it for the awesome costume or not.

I would just need some gloves and then I'd have to figure out to do the black outer pieces but It wouldn't be too hard I don't think... Eeee, we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. this is an idea i have for the boots, first you could probably find like some cheepy boots from a costume shop that you just like wear over shoes, they had some big boots kind of like that at forever young a while back, maybe they will have some again. also this is my good one, just get some black duct tape and tape up your legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm not sure blake would allow you out of his site if he saw you in this, so it's a good thing he is gone, on the other hand, he would awfully jeaolus to know you are going to be out in that. :-) I like Tashi's idea. Black tap is a great idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete