I am the film and lecture series chair at my college and this film - Pray the Devil Back to Hell - was our opening film in our series for this year called "Be the Change." So I thought I'd share my thoughts.
The movie was intense and eye-opening. There were graphic scenes from war torn Liberia that made you cringe and the stories that the women told were horrific. Even with all that, it was divinely uplifting, especially for women. The women of Liberia non-violently ended the civil war that was killing their children and making soldiers and rapists of their boys. It was inspiring to see how these ordinary women forced the war lords who were ripping their country apart to begin peace talks, and when those peace talks became stagnant, they forced them to come to a close and sign the peace agreement. Then, they worked to elect the first woman president in Africa who is rebuilding their country and keeping peace. These women took control of their country and changed the direction of their society, their story is incredible.
You can check out the widget above for more information. I tried putting it in this note but something in the code isn't compatible or something... very annoying.

Wow sounds really interesting.
ReplyDelete