I had a couple of fun weekends. The first weekend in October I went to a school activity at Fat Cats, Cosmic bowling with free drinks and breadsticks for five dollars. In one word - awesome. I also watched Hocus Pocus with some friends to get in the Halloween mood for October.
Last thursday, I went to a Jazz game with a friend from work. It was pretty fun, nothing too intense cause it's pre-season so it doesn't matter really but the Jazz lost, boo. Friday the tenth was my twin sister's friend's birthday so we went to a dance club with a bunch of friends to celebrate. She and her work friends go to the same club almost every week, they are really fun people. But holy cow, I almost died so many times on the ride there. The girl who drove was insane! We were going 90 to 100 mph on the freeway. She was trying to get there before 11 because we were on the guest list and could get in free before then.
Saturday night was horrible though. I worked this giant, crazy Mexican wedding. It would have been a fun wedding to attend, don't get me wrong, it just sucked working on it. People were dancing in between tables, which is an essential space for serving. As in, I need to walk there, buddy, please dance somewhere else. The music was so loud, and there were random people showing up two hours late and wanting to be served. Ugh, we were so glad when that night was over. O and, for those of you who read my blog and also have experience at the Joe, you will appreciate this; they had chiavari (another word with questionable spelling) chairs and chargers!
So, that brings me to today which was pretty good. I slept through my first class but I didn't really care. All we do is talk about how science is pretty much bull. In the future, all our current models of how the universe works will be proven false, with new false models. This cycle will continue. It is interesting sometimes but I'm getting a little sick of it. Plus, I like sleeping. Then in my web design class, I got good critiques on my personal website project. It is looking pretty good if I say so myself. When it goes live, I'll post the url here so you can all check it out. Basically it's my resume in website form. Then I had my business and employment law class. I didn't read the chapter but we didn't make it to going over our homework, sometimes luck is on my side.
Oh, and after school, I met with the SLC Film Center. We finalized plans for our next film in Be the Change. It is called Beyond the Call. I'm pretty excited for this one as well. It's about 3 doctors who just go around the world wherever they are needed most and help people. Philanthropists are awesome.. Then I had an enjoyable evening hanging out with some fellow honors program kids when we were "working on our project." That's the thing about group projects, if you get in a group you like they don't seem to be very productive, but at least you have a good time doing it eh?
Ok, it is my bedtime now. I commend you if you actually read all that. Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment