Monday, October 20, 2008

I have a new major!

Ha ha, so I really shouldn't do this probably because I'm busy enough as it is, but when I was registering for Spring Semester, I ended up with a lot of empty space in my schedule so I thought, why not go for another major?

I looked at a few and what I would need to do to finish them and they were all too much. I'm an Arts Administration major now and was planning on getting a minor in Art by completing a few more arts classes than was required in my major. So after my first double major options were found to be impossible (in my window of time - I don't have the funds to take 5 yrs of college versus the average 4), I thought why not just get an Arts major instead of a minor?

So I checked that out, and if I take all my available May term classes and take an art class in France (I'm planning on doing a study abroad this summer) then it'll work out perfectly! So now I am an Arts and Arts Administration major lol. Basically I am an arts major with some communication and business classes. I am excited though. I will finally be able to fully develop my talents and create a strong portfolio, something that I could potentially do on my own but now I have some extra motivation and greater exposure to the arts community. 

Then, I think for graduate school, I will either continue in the administration area or look into art therapy... So many decisions to be made. But I am excited; this new development has renewed my interest in higher education.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! That will be fun like you say work on your portfolio and get credit. Sorry I haven't emailed I've been busy. Lame excuse. I know. Looks like you've been having fun lately so that's good.

    ReplyDelete