
Last weekend, I took Blake out on the 4th date I've ever taken him on. Lol, I swear there have been more..... but he says it was the 4th. I don't remember what the other 3 were besides a near death experience at Antelope Island, which discouraged me from planning another date for quite some time. When I say near death, I am not exaggerating. Most of the dates I plan have major complications, it's a reflection of my horrid planning skills and general bad luck. I am happy to report that this date was a success.
We ate at the Blue Iguana. Downtown was packed. There was a jazz game that night and we saw some High School kids in formalwear so it was prom somewhere, adding to the parking frenzy around Blue Iguana (it's in the same building as Benihana). But we lucked out and got a meter spot - yay! The restaurant was busy and we had to wait for about 20 minutes. We should have gotten there earlier because then we were pushing it to make the play we were going to afterwards. I ate faster than I have ever eaten in my life. Blake is always saying I'm a slow eater but I never believed him until this weekend when I went to Crystal Hot Springs. My friends and I ate at Beehive afterwards and I got my burger first and was the last one still eating. So eating fast was hard for me, but we managed to get there with some time to spare.
We saw Hancock County at my school. It was based on court proceedings for the trials of men charged with conspiracy to murder Joseph Smith. It was surprisingly good. The characters were well developed and it brought up a lot of universal themes which spurred intelligent and meaningful conversation all while telling an interesting story, strongly based in historical facts. Blake liked it a lot, as well which made this date a success :) (Here is an article about the play, from it's presentation at BYU, not Westminster, but I think it gives a good overview if you're interested.)
We ate at the Blue Iguana. Downtown was packed. There was a jazz game that night and we saw some High School kids in formalwear so it was prom somewhere, adding to the parking frenzy around Blue Iguana (it's in the same building as Benihana). But we lucked out and got a meter spot - yay! The restaurant was busy and we had to wait for about 20 minutes. We should have gotten there earlier because then we were pushing it to make the play we were going to afterwards. I ate faster than I have ever eaten in my life. Blake is always saying I'm a slow eater but I never believed him until this weekend when I went to Crystal Hot Springs. My friends and I ate at Beehive afterwards and I got my burger first and was the last one still eating. So eating fast was hard for me, but we managed to get there with some time to spare.
We saw Hancock County at my school. It was based on court proceedings for the trials of men charged with conspiracy to murder Joseph Smith. It was surprisingly good. The characters were well developed and it brought up a lot of universal themes which spurred intelligent and meaningful conversation all while telling an interesting story, strongly based in historical facts. Blake liked it a lot, as well which made this date a success :) (Here is an article about the play, from it's presentation at BYU, not Westminster, but I think it gives a good overview if you're interested.)

No comments:
Post a Comment