This weekend, I house sat for my aunt and uncle while they went camping. I really want to live in SLC. It was so nice not having to get up at six to go to work. It was kind of annoying though, because I drove up to Davis County most days to hang out with Blake.
Friday I went to see Wolverine with Haley and Co. Haley is the best at planning get togethers. The movie was ok. The special effects were kind of low quality and it wasn't as good as the other X-Men movies but still enjoyable.
Saturday was busy. I went to help out at Westminster 101. Just socialized during the breakfast with students considering the school. I answered questions and told them how cool Westminster is. The free breakfast was awesome. Then I wen to the Walk for Lupus Now. I worked with the Lupus Foundation to promote the walk in my PR class. One girl that was in my group has lupus so I went to support her. It would have been awesome if it wasn't raining and windy and therefore very cold. But I got free chick-fil-a for lunch :). Then I went up to Layton to play in a MTG tourney with Blake. It was fun. I made a pretty good deck but I played stupid. We stayed after the tourney for a draft which was too long. Blake had a bad time of it. But I felt pretty good. My games were pretty close. Rachel, the girl who owns the store and I played. I almost beat her but she had some ridiculous card she pulled out. Same with another kid I played. But I beat this one kid who had an awesome artifact that dominated the prerelease. He got it out two of the three games, both of which I defeated him. The only game I lost against him I got mana screwed. I'm sure you all care lol. MTG is just ftw.
Sunday I tried making muffins. Key word tried. There was no baking soda. I should know better. I tried to get around this by using three times as much baking powder and leaving out the salt. It might work for cookies but it doesn't cut it for muffins. They didn't rise at all and were a little burnt on the edges but were still edible. See for yourself:
I also took a bubble bath in the amazing claw foot tub. I love claw footed tubs. Then I went to Blake's and we edited our Magic decks for over 4 hours.Monday I ran a ton of errands before my May term classes. I am excited for May Term. I am taking Eco Eating. It is all about how our diet choices affect the environment and our health. They are really tied together. We are having lunch every day we have the class. Monday we had "green smoothies" (they were green b/c they put in leafy vegetables in with the banannas and mangoes) and delish veggie sandwhiches. Nina and Michael, the profs teaching the class who are also a couple, are going to serve us at their super eco-friendly house each day then we will walk to school to talk about the readings and have presentations about eating or not eating organic, meat/fish/dairy, and local v. industrial food. My other class is the Philosophy of Dreaming. I am so excited for this class. I like the prof even though he is hard. We will learn to have lucid dreams and talk about the significance, if any of dreams as we talk about our own dream experiences. Tonight I start the lucid dreaming program. Can't wait. After classes, I went to a 3D showing of Monsters V. Aliens. (I got a movie gift card from a friend's parents for helping their son w/ his math. It was fun). I think the 3D glasses really fit Blake. What do you think?
Ha ha. After the movie, we stopped at PetSmart so I could buy some fish food. I had a little accident with the food they had the first time I tried to feed the fish. I knocked the bag over, it fell backwards and landed opening down in the back opening of the tank. So all the food spilled into the tank. I fished out tons of it with a tea bag strainer/spoon thing because they're only supposed to get a pinch twice a day lol.
P.S. Here is a pic of their cute cat, Horton. He was super cuddly and he always came running when I called his name. So cute but way to much fur getting everywhere.


lamo why didn't you tell me you were staying in salt lake for the weekend. I have never seen their house! and you are lame because there was way too much "MTG" nerdo stuff going on. Also idk what else, oh yeah you need to teach me how to have lucid dreams! that would be way cool!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing good. You'll have to intepret my crazy dreams, sounds like you have some fun classes coming up. I love blake in the glasses.
ReplyDeletei know! i should have had you over there! I wasn't in much Saturday but I was going to ask you to come over sunday but you didn't talk to me in the morning and then i forgot later :( sorry
ReplyDelete