Guess what?! I got a part in my school play! The play we are putting on is called Red Noses by Peter Barnes. It is a 'black comedy' set in Plague-ridden France. I am going to play one of the Boutros Brothers (or Sisters in this case), a pair of one-legged tap dancers who join a comedy troupe set up by a priest hoping to bring cheap laughs to the dying masses. Yes, it is hilarious.
We will be performing March 18, 19, 20 & 25, 26, 27 in the Black Box Theatre in the Jewett Center for the Performing Arts. I hope you can come and see me play! (get more info here)
I am excited to be in this play but I have to admit I'm not one of those 'drama people.' You know the type -- randomly bursting into song (usually accompanied with broadway-style choreography), tending to be rather loud, and reciting monologues without provocation. Not only am I not like that, I get annoyed when I am surrounded by drama people for too long. So, while I am happy to be performing and working with a new group of friends, I'm slightly aprehensive about the whole thing. Wish me luck :)

That's cool. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks. My first real rehearsal is tonight so that should be fun :)
ReplyDelete