I am so excited for tonight! It will be teaching my first ballet classes. The first class is going to be a little crazy. I'll be teaching sixteen 3-4 year olds beginning ballet. The next class is smaller, about seven 5-7 year olds.
So I know there are going to be wild, hyper, socially inexperienced little kids running wild. Hopefully I will be able to keep them in control. I have had a few experiences teaching little kids in primary at my old LDS wards and they were out of control. One time, I was subbing as the chorister. It went a little south but the kids loved when I knocked over a box of markers with my overly enthused leading... I don't know if that was good or bad...
Anyways, I will hopefully maintain more control during these ballet lessons. I'm not worried about the second class. It's the first one that I'm afraid of. I feel a little like Maria in the Sound of Music when she is going to meet the VonTrapp family... "I must stop all these doubts all these worries. If I don't I just know I'll turn back..." (see, those theatre people really got to me).
I'm rambling now. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :)
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How did it go???
ReplyDelete