After the techie show, the cast presented gifts (all arranged by our lead, Jared who played Father Flote) to techies, the Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager, and to the Theatre Department heads, Nina and Michael Vought (who I've blogged about before). Jared had found a page from a 14th century book of hours illuminated manuscript with a song whose lyrics were similar to the themes found in Red Noses. It was beautiful. We all thanked Nina and Michael for such a wonderful run and basked in the sunshine of love and gratitude.
One of the cast members, Charlie who is a Westminster alumni and who graciously fed us salad from Mazza every night (thank you Charlie!) made copies of a poem that has a history with the Westminster Theatre Department all the way back to 1964. (I'll add it later).
Then we helped clean up the dressing rooms, and some of us helped strike (take down the set) while we had a wonderful party in the black box. Nina and Michael provided food (YUM) and Harry Cross Jr. was DJ (fabulous!) We danced and laughed and ate. It was a wonderful close to a wonderful show.
I will miss the theatre. I will miss those crazy loud people and the singing and dancing and proclamations of "You're amazing!" "No, you're amazing!" I will miss the magic that an audience brings and the unity created in the cast when you take that magic and give it back.
God bless the people of the theatre!

No comments:
Post a Comment