I finally have a moment to breath. Ah.... Feels good.
I finished my thesis on Sunday night. Final grades were due Monday at noon. Feels good to be done with that monster. Well, sort of... I still have to present it. I'm thinking that will happen next week on Wednesday. So I need to start planning that and getting a venue and audience.
This May term, I'm taking an honors course, "Inside the Holocaust" which is going to be rough emotionally, mentally, and academically. But that is how we grow. My class starts today in about 50 minutes so we'll see how that goes.
On a lighter note, I'm also helping my professors Michael and Nina Vought with their Eco-Logical Eating class which I took last year. I posted some things about it. They invited me to help with the food preparation and discussions. I of course said yes. I am excited to learn Nina's cooking secrets (she says she doesn't have any) and eat the delicious food. I also really like the Voughts and enjoy spending time with them. We had our first class yesterday. I'm reading a new book with them and will probably get a few more. The book I started is called Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. I've just read the first chapter but can't wait to pick it back up again. It is very well written and incredibly captivating.
So just to warn you, I'll probably post some things concerning those classes. As well as my ballet class which goes until May 25. Tonight I am going to have them make crowns that are just a bit too small for their heads. They will have to pracitce balancing and walking slowly and smoothly in order for them to stay on. I hope they like it and that making the crowns doesn't take the entire class which I could see happening.
As far as my future plans go, they are still uncertain but I'm going to be working on my resume and getting some simple business cards this month to start the job hunt. I also posted my profile on an au pair website and have been getting a few positive responses. So I may be in France this time next year chasing some kids around the Eiffel Tower :) Who knows. I certainly don't lol.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's so nice to have that done. What and how are you going to present it?
ReplyDeleteIt is nice. But now I have bigger questions to figure out... lol. I have no idea what I'm going to do to present. It will probably end up just like a regular presentation with me speaking and possibly using powerpoint or some media to enhance.
ReplyDelete