Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My New Bike!

There she is. Isn't she a beauty? I think I'll call her Maria (from the Sound of Music -- it just seems appropriate).

It's a Trek bike from their eco line. It's designed to be earth-friendly which is awesome and it's got great vintage looking design. It's a super smooth ride, came with self-powered lights (they run from the power generated by the spinning front wheel), and racks in the front and back. I just need a cute basket for the front and Farmer's Market here I come.

It's only 3 speed (internal hub) but I think my regular commute will be OK with that. There's one day a week where I'd encounter a steep ride home but I think I can manage with the bus those days and when my legs get super muscular then I can maybe I can do it on my own.

I got her on Saturday, and that same day my bf found a vintage bike on craigslist from 1979. His bike's got a similar style and is blue with chrome fenders. We rode to the vegan bakery Monday afternoon for a Memorial Day brunch, which was a success despite the gluten-free waffles (they were out of regular waffle batter, and this is probably condescending but I now feel sorry for people who have to eat gluten-free) and one instance of having to walk half-way up an extraordinarily steep hill.

All in all though it was a great time. I'm looking forward to similar good times this summer and for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment