So it's been a while. I said I would like to get back to posting and I failed. It just seems there's never enough time. Too much to say and not enough time to do it justice.
Summer is coming to Salt Lake City. I'm excited for the long, warm days. There are a couple things I want to be sure to do to make this summer meaningful:
1 - Actually wake up in time to go shopping at the Farmer's Market on Saturdays. Organic, local food has recently become a passion of mine and I'd like to put that passion into practice. I missed the time to sign up for most CSA's and the like so I'm gonna have to be good about getting up.
2 - Buy a bicycle and then use it to get around. I wanted to buy a bike last year but never did. I figure I can use a bike in the good weather and look into getting a used car later in the summer/early fall. But I'd like to try to use more earth-friendly transportation.
3 - Spend time at the pool or water park with friends and family. I used to love going to the pool with friends in the summer. It seems like as an adult this just doesn't happen as much. I plan on taking a few days off and spending them soaking up sun next to cool water.
4 - Go camping. Camping is the best. Especially with my roommates. We sometimes just go up for the night after work and then just drive down in the morning. Being out in nature and having a good time is like my therapy.
5 - Just get things done. If I have a project (like the quilt I've half finished and kept in storage for years or the jeans I bought that I need to take in, and so on) -- just do it!
Here's to summer and mid-year like resolutions!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I miss going to farmington pool and cherry hill every summer!! Can we revert back to 10 years ago please?
ReplyDelete