Sunday, July 27, 2008

Twin Experience

I went to church with a friend today. My twin sister used to go with her, she was a member of the ward that my friend goes to, but she doesn't go much anymore. At the end of the first class, the Relief Society president got up to close the meeting and she said she wanted to welcome the visitors. She looked at me and said, Natasha, do you want to introduce your two friends sitting next to you (there where a couple girls who were visiting with my friend as well). I sat there for a minute, deciding what to do. Sometimes when people think I am my twin, I just go along with it and pretend to be her to avoid a scene and to not embarrass the people but I decided to reveal my true identity. I said, "Actually, I am Ali, Natasha's twin sister." Everyone laughed and was all shocked. Ha ha, you could hear some people say, "I didn't know she had a twin!" Lol, the girl was kind of embarrassed. It's really nothing to be embarrassed about though, we do look a lot alike. It's funny though and a rather unique experience. I don't often think of me and my twin looking that much alike but when things like that happen, it makes you realize that to a lot of the people that don't know either one of us well, we often appear to be the same person. It's kind of weird to think about. 

1 comment:

  1. That's funny, because I think you don't look like twins sisters yes, but not really twins.

    ReplyDelete