There are a couple things I'm loving right now: Carla Bruni's cover of "You Belong to Me," gurl.com, and menstrual cups. ha ha random I know.
As for the gurl.com, what I'm loving is this history of menstrual products which I found rather interesting.
And that brought me to the menstrual cup love. I can't believe cups didn't catch on in the 1800s. I'm so glad they are on the market today. I think every woman should at least hear about this option for dealing with her period so I'm goint to list some reasons why a menstrual cup is the bomb for periods:
- you don't have to worry about running out of products if you go somewhere
- you can leave it in for up to 12 hours
- it's more natural than a tampon
- you save money by not having to buy tampons and pads every month
- you can reuse it for several years - saving you beaucoup $ and saving the environment from tons of waste
- it is more comfortable than pads/tampons
- personally, I have felt less ashamed/embarrassed/confined by my period since using it.
And since we're on the subject, I have to say this community on live journal was a big help in my decision to get a diva cup and also through my journey in learning how to use it and all that.
Ok, off my advertising stint. I should get paid don't you think?

That's funny I've heard of these, don't really know what they are. Or how they work, but thankfully I really don't have to worry about that right now, I don't have periods right now because of my birth control. Yea!
ReplyDelete