You can probably tell that we got a little bored at the Joe.. Well this kind of stuff happens when Crystal is your captain ha ha, I love that girl. I claim to be the genius behind this juice glass/food sculpture. For those of you acquainted with the Joe, you will recognize a bowl of honey butter, salad filling the inside and stuck to the juice glass, pumpkin pie for the trunk, and broccoli from the "Spring Chicken" meal, and of course the doily on a B&B that we used as a planter for this masterpiece, as well as the apron used as a backdrop. You can also safely assume that neither Amy or Laurel were present for the creation of this objet d'art. What can I say? Katie, Crystal, and I unleashed our inner artistes.
(oh, and here's a blast from the past Joe experience: the portrait of me, done by another artiste at the Joe)

Ah, these are the reasons that I will miss that job. Combined with my adventures with Whitney as a nunja (think chair sashes constructed into a nun/ninja costume, or see the picture below), tray surfing, linen bag tosses, the famous Andrew chair move, playing in the fountain, apron tag, and the occasional wedding cake fights I am almost tempted to stay longer than my planned post-Christmas termination.


Holy Cow, I can totally relate. That was a very fun job, hard work, but so much fun. It looks like they still hire fun people. I kind of miss it. I should work there in the summers, I get way too lazy for my own good. I totally get the sashes, but we were never that creative. I love the sculpture.
ReplyDeleteI loved your other post too, I miss college and all the info you get all the time. I feel dumber and dumber as the years go by. Enjoy it, and I think you should take teh lsat, can't hurt and why not have proof of your genius! Loved seeing you Sunday, we love having you around. Your so smart, sweet and beautiful, Blake is a very smart kid.