Sunday, September 6, 2009

le 3 aout: Londontown

We woke up in the morning, bright and early so that we could get the most out of the day and so that we could eat lunch with Marilyn. We went to Pret a Manger which is like a french breakfast chain in London. I have never seen one in Paris lol so I was ok with eating there. It was really delicious. Everything was made fresh and it was all eco friendly and stuff with recycling bins and all this stuff about being green which was super cool. I had hot chocolate and a parfait mmmm. Brittany had a cappucino and they did this awesome star design with powdered sugar on it, you will see the picture.

After breakfast, we headed to where we thought we were meeting my friend Jenna, who was in Europe for July doing a study abroad thing with her interior design program at USU. We went to the wrong square and got a bit lost and almost missed her. We had agreed that if we didn't find each other by 9:30 am we would go our separate ways. Luckily, the British are very helpful and we were pointed in the right direction a couple times and we found Jenna and her friend.

We went with them on a whirlwind tour of London's top sites. I'll let the pictures do the talking. However, I didn't get very many pictures of the Tate Modern, the modern art museum there because the people stopped me. I got two pictures before they caught on to me lol but it was SO cool. Like the coolest museum I have ever seen. I really wanted to buy something from their gift shop, too because every thing was so awesome. There was a black and white umbrella that turned colors in the rain, like it was black background and then like white paint splatters and the splatters turned colors when it got wet. But like all of London, it was tres tres chere. Like the museums and stuff were cool because they were free but to take tours of things was always in the double digits.

We had a wonderful day of sightseeing and museum visiting with Jenna and friend. Then Brittany and I spent some time with Marilyn having tea at Harrod's before leaving her to see Wicked at London's broadway with Jenna and friend (gosh I feel terrible that I can't remember her name!). It was incredible. The cast was amazing and I was really surprised at how good it was even after every one talking it up so much. I loved London. It wasn't as romantic as Paris of course but I would have liked to stay there longer.

And now, the pictures will tell the story of our day:
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Londontown
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

  1. did you go to wicked? I want to see it. Looks like you guys had so much fun. I was wondering if you made it to london or not? How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the wretched photo of me that you said I'd kill you if I saw you posted it. Dang straight...it's TERRIBLE!!! Ha ha! I loved seeing your photos though and reading your description of your day in London!

    ReplyDelete