If you look close you can see the missionaries behind me. I didn't have time to say hi because I was running to class late.
I had a Mueillefuille for lunch (making this up but it is possible) lol but Madame saw an eMmission (ha ha) on the TV about Mormons and finally understood why I gave her a Mormon tabernacle choir CD set.
Ha ha, I also went to the Monoprix (which, mom, used to be the Prix Unique) and I bought Bonne Maman cookies (notice the M on Maman).
So for dinner we had like a lamb steak and pasta and this really good baked tomato. Madame said they eat them a lot in the South of France. She lived there for ten years when she was Married to a Man from Nice. (ha ha, ok I'll stop w/ the M's). Our conversation consisted of that and talking a tinsy bit about religion. Madame said I was the first Mormon to stay at her house so that was special and Brittany is Episcopalian? or Protestant (can't remember but I should know) and Madame is Jewish. We accidentaly blew out her sabbath candle one night, we felt bad lol but she was understanding. And then Madame discussed her love for cats and inability to understand why some ISA students wouldn't want to live with her because of her cats.
She was asking us about pets in the U.S. and whether or not people normally had pets and if they live indoors or outdoors and what not lol. She was like I just don't understand why someone wouldn't like cats and saying how nice her cats are. I think there is definitely a little bit of a crazy cat lady in her. Brittany and I were laughing inside but we love Madame for sure.
Thursday we had photo class at a Museum. There was a Henri Cartier-Bresson exhibit that was really great. His photographs have a great vitality and life to them. I thought of Tashi. I think she would have liked to see it.
After the museum, we took some pictures around the Morrais or Jewish district. We also did a little shopping afterwards. It sounds like I shop a lot and I guess that is true but it's mostly window shopping lol.
We came across this old man wearing a shirt that said "papy Dance". He was dancing around to Michael Jackson by the metro stop. We took some pictures of course. Brittany got a ton. We were close to our home so we walked home and stopped at an Amarino. (The glaciers who make your glace into a flower) I got a caramel, strawberry cream, and coconut cone. The coconut was so good. It had real bits of coconut in it. Mmmmm. (P.S. Morray starts w/ an M, too and so does Mmmmm but it was the next day so idk if it counts).
We took a load of laundry to the laundromat. We needed some jeans for the weekend excursion because it was going to be cold and we forgot to give our clothes to Madame on Sunday when she does laundry so we had to go do it ourselves. It was quite the adventure lol we were like trying to figure out how to work the machine. It was hard because it was in French and it's just different anyways. The owner came out and was really nice and helped us.
For dinner we had an oriental salade and pasta. Madame is a good cook. She just comes up with whatever. She had us try this salmon bread spread. It is very fishy flavored (lol big surprise) but it is good if you mix it with cheese. I love the cheese here.
We got a crazy storm at night. France weather is like crazy Utah weather. It's like sunny in the morning then freezing cold and cloudy then gets sunny and hot again then out of the blue there's like a little hail storm and pouring rain. Ha ha, makes me feel right at home.

No comments:
Post a Comment