So Tuesday we had class comme d'habitute and I was able to move into the higher level so that was fun. My new teacher is not as cute as my other one but she is funny and laughs at us in a good way. She kind of reminds me of my french professor at home but older and with a big ugly nose. I need to take a picture sometime.
We picniced at the luxembourg again, and I have to show you the cutest thing! This is mostly for my family, but you know in the Madeleine books when there are the little boats in the fountains? Well, there were totally boats in the fountains at the Luxembourg gardins! Little kids were running around and pushing them when they came close to the sides. I couldn't tell if the boats where radio controled or just had a motor and went wherever the current took them but it was lovely.
For dinner, we had hot dogs french style. Meaning we had like four hot dogs with lentils. It was really good actually, I kind of had a little homesickness and hot dogs made me feel like I was in America.
That night, Brittany and I just stayed in and looked through all our photos to prepare for our critique the next day. We helped each other pick out our top 5 minimum to print out the next day.
For lunch Wednesday, Brittany and I split another version of the french hot dog. We were kind of noobs and didn't realize what we were ordering. We just saw the cheese in the bread and said one of those, please lol. It is like a super big hotdog in a baguette smothered in melted cheese. It was good. We also split a chocolat meuillefuille (sp?). SOO good. It had a carmelly-coffee like flavored top like a creme bruillet and the middle tasted like creme bruillet as well but with rich chocolat. YUMMY. We bought it at a bakery we hadn't eaten at before and it is our new favorite. The pastries there are so cheap and gigantic. I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of our lunch today, so alas, I cannot show you the meuillefuille.
After lunch we had our photo critique. These were my photos:
But I got a pretty good review. Claudio, my teacher, said to try and break my barrier with people even more. Everyone's favorite was the little girl in the white dress. I think it is my favorite, too. The lighting and everything just turned out really well.
That night, we went with the ISA group to the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was rainy before we went up so we all huddled under a group of umbrellas
And I had to get a jumping picture to capture my excitement.
I really wanted to wear my berret to the eiffel tower and buy a baguette so I could recreate Gretel's drawing but we didn't have time to go home between classes and the tower like I thought we would. I should have just worn my berret the whole day. But I can always go back for a photo shoot lol.
The tower was really cool. It is higher than you expect. It was weird standing in line for the elevators on the lower levels because when you look up, the tower has the oddest shape to it from the perspective and its already unique shape. From the top, you could see Paris to the edge of the earth. It was so pretty. I love the rooftops. They remind me of Mary Poppins.
It is weird sometimes like this trip doesn't feel real all the time. Like I was actually in Paris on top of the Eiffel Tower! Did I really do that? YES! EEEEE it is going by way too fast. I still have so much to do and so many things to see. I need to start hitting up the museums ASAP and exploring the city.
One of Brittany's friends lives in Versailles as an AuPair or a nanny. I am very tempted to like find an AuPair family and just stay here for a year. But I miss Blake and y'all and I need to come back and finish school or I will be set two years behind because of the class scheduling. I can always come back after I graduate maybe. O Paris, I miss you already.
For dinner, we came back a little late from the tower so Madame left us food in the kitchen. Have I mentioned how small her kitchen is? TINY! and the washing machine is in it, too. Right next to the oven lol. Like from left to right, the main wall goes like this: sink, washing machine that doubles as a counter, oven, fridge w/ a microwave on top. That is the amount of space she has on the long wall of her kitchen. On the opposite wall is a little toaster oven and like a shelf for spices and oils. There are some cabinets above the oven, washer, sink and fridge. And that is the kitchen. But anyways, we had green beans, tomatoes, and chicken nuggets lol. She makes us easy dinners during the week but she busts out the good stuff on the weekends. The food is always very good though. The veggies here taste a little different but it is a good different.
After dinner I hopped onto skype and talked with my family! Miss you guys! It is weird to think that it is like 1 or 2 pm your time right now and I am getting ready for bed. I also got to skype Blake for the first time which was really fun. It was good to talk to you all. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment