Wednesday, July 22, 2009

le 22 juillet: The Park

Today was not the greatest. I mostly am upset because I didn't bring my camera to photo class. I thought we were going to be in the classroom all day but it didn't rain like it was supposed to according to the Meteo (either France's weather is completely unpredictable or all their weather men suck) so Claudio tooks us out to a park in North-east Paris.

I had my small camera but the batteries were low so I didn't take too many pictures in hopes of preserving the battery. I will share with you what I do have, however.

The thing that made it not so bad was eating a yummy bueno candy bar. They are like kit kats with nutella. Mmmm.

The park was amazing. It was one of the hill-y areas in Paris so the view was incredible. There was a was a fairly impressive waterfall and a really sweet island thing in the middle of a lake. We wanted to go to the island but there was some sort of incident and pompiers everywhere blocking it off so we couldn't. :(

O my goodness, we saw the most intense PDA in the park, too. Like Ingy and Lindsay warned me about the public parks and PDA but this was like the worst I have seen lol. I don't know if I should even describe what was happening. I'll just leave it at that.

We went home for dinner and had ravioli. We also had raw ham. Yeah, raw. It was rather chewy but it had a strong flavor. The French are a little crazy with their meat. Like in restaurants, raw steak is popular. Seriously raw, like not rare, raw. We also had peas and wheat with beans like a vegetable salad type of thing. And the delicious south of France baked tomatoe. (drool). We also had this really good bread and Madame gave us a nectarine and some cake from Brussels for dinner.

After dinner, Brittany and I sat down and figured out our travel plans for the next week. We are going to Brussels tomorrow for the day and then coming back to Paris for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will actually be staying in Versailles with Brittany's friend who lives there but we are planning on staying in Paris throughout the days we have here. Sunday night we are taking the Eurostar to London where Brittany also has a friend which will save us from getting a hotel. We are going to hang out with Jenna there and then I'll be back to Paris the night before my flight leaves. I can't believe how fast this month has gone!

But here are some pictures from the day:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: the Park
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

P.S. I forgot to tell you about using the public toilet for the first time. It took me forever to figure out how to get in lol. I swear I pushed all the buttons on the outside. I had to have one of my friends do it eventually and then I like go in and it takes me another five minutes to fiture out how to close the door. It was so weird. The toilet seat was the oddest shape and then there was like a stream of water running to wash your hands in lol. It was just weird. I don't know how to describe it. I'll tell y'all about it when I get home so I can used hand motions

No comments:

Post a Comment