Friday we had classes again and after classes there was a little pot d'accuille (sp?) or cocktail party for the students and professors. They had like champagne, orange juice and something else. I went in and got an orange juice but it was super crowded. We got lunch at le petit lux a little cafe in close by that we go to for quiche, sandwhiches, pastries a emporter (to go) and ate in the gardens as we like to do.
Anyways, for photography class, we went to a little place in the 5e arrondissement. There was a jardin des plantes and little places all over. Again, I felt weird taking them of people lol so I have mostly building stuff. We also went a little farther down the metro line and there was the coolest little honey shop. The bees are kept in back of the shop and they eat different kinds of flowers to make different flavors of honey. They had so many, there were dark and light honeys and opaque and clear honeys. They let you taste them, too. They were so good. Like that honey on a baguette would be heaven.
So that night, I wanted to go to a french movie and we had got a big group to go with. I don't really like hanging out in huge groups. Like sometimes it is ok but I like to keep it under like 6. We had like 12 girls and half of them didn't speak french so the movie didn't work out. I will have to go another time with just a few people. We ended up going to a restaurant that I wasn't too excited about. Like I want to eat out in a cute little brasserie that has tables where you can look out on the street. This was like a stupid pub called O'Neil's. A bunch of the girls wanted hamburgers. I split a plate of vegetables with a friend because I didn't want to pay for a meal there lol I want to save my nice dinner for a cute place. The hamburger was like 15 euro, too and it didn't look very good. It was mostly a drink place too so their menu was pretty limited. But water was free which was amazing. Drinks like water, coke, juice, etc are SO expensive and small here and they are never very cold. I miss coke with ice. I swear ice doesn't exist in Paris lol. But seriously, a small 30 cl coke can be like 2.50 euro like smaller than a can you get out of vending machines in the U.S.
Ok, anyways, after O'Neil's the night got tons better. We went to the eiffel tower to just sit there and picnic. But the picnic part didn't really work. Some people brought wine and cheese and a baguette from the grocery store. All of which I didn't want. Baguettes from the grocery store are gross and the cheese wasn't that great either. But the Eiffel Tower was so beautiful. It was lovely. We just sat in the lawn in front of it and watched it sparkle (literally lol) until we needed to catch the metro home. We are going back to go to the top on Wednesday and I can't wait! I really want to live in Paris.
From left to right: Brittany (half cut out), me, Allison, Amanda, Courtney, Christy, Christina, Hillary, Allison, Katy, Cody

Looks like you are having so much fun. I read this book about Marie Antionette, and so it was fun to see your pictures of the Palace. I lovey our Eifel (sp?) tower picture, that's really cool, I love the angle and it would be a cool one ot blow up. I love reading your posts.
ReplyDelete